Hello!
It's been a while, hasn't it? Since writing in 2009, I've had some amazing experiences. I won't recount them here, but suffice it to say that God has stretched me and pushed me in ways I never anticipated. Life was so busy that I honestly didn't have much time to blog.
I'm at the point in my life where I think a blog will be a helpful tool for me to reflect and ponder things. A nice way to chronicle my days and share my thoughts with family and friends. So, here goes!
I've recently found a new hobby - jogging. I read about Disney's Princess Half-Marathon, and I thought it sounded so exciting and fun. I couldn't help but think what an accomplishment completing something like that would be for me.
So, my sis and I committed to running the half-marathon together in February 2013. That gives us both enough time to train, while still giving 100% to our busy lives at school. We're each doing something different to train up.
My plan is to slowly increase my running distance over time. I am currently working with the Couch to 5k Program, and it has been awesome! I am up to the Week 4 schedule - which is a HUGE accomplishment for me. I really enjoy running - especially running outdoors. It's a refreshing way to start the day!
After the 5K, I am planning on training for an 8k, then a 10k, and finally working towards THE half-marathon.
I registered for my first 5K race, which will take place in December. I figured it would be neat to run these smaller races in preparation for the big one. Plus, it'll force me to stick with my training schedule, and it's just neat to mark milestones by these "running celebrations."
Till Next Time,
Melissa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment