Ever have one of those weeks that seems to fly by and yet drag so slowly at the same time? Well, this is one of those weeks for me.
I am so blessed to have gotten so many opportunities to interview with different employers at my school this week. It really makes it much easier to have the employers come to you - rather than vice versa. I kind of enjoy interviews - you get to meet so many different sorts of people, and it is always a nice reminder that lawyers can't really be stereotyped into one mold or another. They really are a very diverse bunch of folks!
Anywho, I think the majority of them went really well. I didn't leave wishing I had said something else or regretting anything that I did say. Sometimes my mouth gets ahead of my mind in interviews. But, I definitely came away from each one with a different impression of the firm. Suffice it to say - some interviews are just plain fun, while some are a countdown in your brain until the 20 minutes is up! I chock it up to the fact that God is leading me to the firm that will fit me the best, and that necessarily means that not every firm will feel like a good fit. :)
In addition to having multiple interviews every day, I also had journal orientation this week. I am actually pretty excited about my journal this year - it seems like a great bunch of people to work with. In addition, I am thanking my lucky stars that my first cite check assignment involves cases, almost entirely. That will make my job SO MUCH EASIER! And I appreciate easier right now.
So, as the week winds down, I am basically waiting on my reference desk orientation to begin. (I am going to be the "legal research genie" who can answer all your questions at the library ref desk!) After that, I will head back to the apartment, grab some stuff that I need for the weekend, and drive on home.
Why home, you ask? Because I already have a callback interview scheduled for Monday - which means that I will miss the first day of class. Boo. But, I can't complain too much, because it also means that I *might* be blessed with a job for next summer very soon!
So, there you have it. That is a recap of my first week of 2L year. As busy as this week was, I can only wonder what the rest of 2L year will be like!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment