I suppose I should start out this first entry by explaining a bit about the purpose of this blog. My reasons are threefold....
One, I wanted to have a place where I can write updates for my family and friends about my wacky adventures, triumphs, and trials while in law school. As a 0L, I've yet to really know exactly how true all the rumors of the 1L year really are. From what I have heard, the upcoming year is going to be a trial (no pun intended) like no other. This blog is my attempt at making sure I keep in contact with everyone who may be interested in keeping up with the goings on in my life. :)
So, I promise to update as often (and with as much detail) as I possibly can. We'll see how far that promise goes, but you can be perfectly sure that my intentions are completely honorable.
Secondly, I've scoured the internet for blogs written by law students. I've searched and searched, and what I have found isn't entirely promising. There are a few blogs authored by law students here and there, but they are always negative or grossly crude. There are also the plethora of lawyer joke blogs, which provide nothing for those of us seeking to read about the experiences of law school. Since I'm a glass half-full kind of girl who dislikes the debasement of the English language through crudeness and vulgarity, I am fairly certain my blog is unique. I'm setting up blogging shop in an area that has been neglected.
Whether this is because of a true lack of optimistic lawyers, or simply just an oversight...we shall see.
Anywho, this will be a blog about a girl who is learning how to be a lawyer and experiencing everything that law school is...and isn't. A sort of journalistic recounting of the day-to-day. It's a record of everything (or, at least, some things) a 0L wants to know but doesn't know who to ask or where to look.
I want this to be the something akin to the blog I never had, but desperately wanted, to reference as a 0L.
Thirdly (and finally, I swear), I want to have an outlet for myself to write about thoughts, events, and experiences. I write a lot...so I just don't think I can stop writing for personal enjoyment simply because I am suddenly inundated with required writing. It's just my personality to write everything down...so why not share?
So, there you have it. I'm a 23 year-old recent college graduate fulfilling my lifelong dream of becoming a lawyer. I've been accepted at the law school of my dreams, and I am literally days away from starting out on the next three years of my life. It's going to be a lot of work, but I know that God is faithful and He will lead me along the path He has laid out for me. I suppose I'll close with a little message one of my friends gave me recently:
"I can do THIS through Christ."
It's sort of become a catch-phrase for tackling life. The Bible says we can do all things through Christ, so that naturally translates into being able to do the current task set before you. Applying God's promises to the here and now...and all that. :)
Till next time, Mel
P.S. ---> If you read this, please comment. I like to know who's reading my stuff and what they think.


2 comments:
Looks great, hun!! I can't wait to continue reading.
Hey Melissa! I'm so excited for you...I remember you, years ago, saying that you wanted to be a lawyer, and I thought, "She's nuts!" But that was before I knew you...and if anyone can keep up with law school it will be you! Looking forward to reading more!
Post a Comment